Our commitment to sustainability

Here at Lower House equine clinic, we are passionate about the environment and our footprint on the effects of global warming.

Within the practice we have taken measures towards sustainability meeting our needs without compromising the ability of future generation’s needs and our patients welfare

Waste and Recycling

Our bins are collected fortnightly and segregated so 92% of our waste is recycled, the remaining 8% goes to refuse derived fuels meaning 0% goes to landfill.

Electricity

We turn our lights off or have sensors in place for areas of the clinic we use intermittently.

Our practice heaters are all on timers and temperature caps. We shut down all of our computers on an evening as well as turning off any plugs not in use such as kettles and other non-veterinary equipment.

Visits and Vehicles

The majority of our practice vehicles are Hybrid

We plan our diary to reduce travel where possible (this cannot always be possible when accommodating emergencies). We also offer Flexible visits where we offer a shared visit fee if clients can be flexible with the time and date we are visiting. See our promotions page for more information.

Stock and Ordering

When ordering medications and supplies, we do our best to cut down on the required deliveries.

Medication

Medication is dispensed in doses as it is needed so there is no unnecessary waste. We also have a weighbridge to enable us to dispense more accurate medication dosage.

Antibiotics

Where possible we avoid the use of antibiotics, unless necessary based on clinical indication. We also ensure the check

Digital Communication

Our invoices are emailed, our files within the practice are shared and documents are digitalised to prevent printing and paper waste

Stables

Our stables are fitted with rubber matter to provide comfort to our patients but also to reduce the amount of bedding we need to use. We used Bedmax shavings which is sourced from sustainable UK forestry. Bedmax are committed to sustainability, planting a new tree each time one is felled.

Staff transport

As our clinic is in a rural location it is difficult to implement cycling to work and is not on a public transport route. We encourage the team, weather dependant go for lunchtime walks. We also have a dog onsite who always appreciates a lunchtime stroll.

CONTACT US

If you have any questions about Lower House Equine Clinic, our facilities or services, please feel free to contact us using any of the details below…

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Fill out this field
25 - 3 = ?
Enter the equation result to proceed