We gave taken the following steps to create a COVID safe working environment for our team, clients and patients.
At the Clinic
- Our clinic buildings are not currently open to visitors, however please ring the bell on arrival and our team will able to assist you at the main clinic gate
- When arriving with your horse, please phone from the car park prior to unloading and we will assist you
- Please ensure a face covering is worn when coming to our clinic
- Visiting of long term in patients is permitted by appointment
- Hand sanitiser is available at our gate
- We are still happy to take payments with cash, but where possible card or BACS is preferred
- Clients are permitted to the area to view their horses lameness workup, but please following social distancing guidelines
- If you are self isolating or if you have tested positive for COVID-19 please do not attend the clinic
- Our administration team will carry out a risk assessment prior to us attending
- Please notify us if anything changes health wise prior to the appointment
- Please keep people present to a minimum – one person per horse
- Face coverings must be worn when our vets are in attendance
- Face coverings are available from our vets if you forget yours
- Social distancing must be followed where possible
What to do if you have COVID-19 but your horse needs treatment?
- Don’t panic – we will still attend!
- Please notify our administration team or our out of hours duty vet prior to the visit
- Our vet will bring a second person to assist them
- Please do not attend the visit
- Our vets will then call/video call to talk you through the diagnosis and treatment plan
If you require more information on how we are working in a COVID safe way, please do not hesitate to call the clinic on 01691 830444
If you have any questions about Lower House Equine Clinic, our facilities or services, please feel free to contact us using any of the details below…